RIVER CONON THE JUNCTION, BOAT AND BRIDGE POOLS
1. Junction Pool. It is agreed that the Junction Pool extends from the mouth of the Blackwater down to Chisholm's Burn (below the Brahan Hut).
2. Boat Pool. The Boat Pool Extends from Chisholm's Burn down to the end of the Wall on the Brahan Side as marked by the white posts.
3. Bridge Pool. The Bridge Pool extends from the tail of the Boat Pool (White Posts) down to Moy Bridge.
4. It is agreed that the number of rods between the mouth of the Blackwater down to Moy Bridge shall be limited to two on either bank.
5. It is agreed that, for example, if a rod on the Brahan bank starts fishing from the Blackwater down to Chisholm's Burn (The Junction Pool), a Rod on Fairburn bank may not start fishing the Pool until the Brahan Rod is at least half way down the stretch.
6. Similarly, if a Fairburn Rod starts from Chisholm's Burn (The Boat Pool), the Brahan Rod should wait until the Fairburn Rod is half way down the Pool.
7. Either bank may fish one Rod on the Junction Pool and a second Rod on the Boat Pool. Equally, there is nothing to stop either bank fishing one Rod on the Boat Pool and one Rod on the Bridge Pool.
8. However, over each stretch, when the Rod on either bank comes to the end of the Pool, they must, if a Rod on the other bank wishes to follow them down, give way to the other party on the opposite bank, who then has the right to fish the Pool next.
9. On no occasion may a Rod on either bank get into a pool in front of a Rod on the opposite bank. The second, or waiting rod must wait until the fishing Rod has fished half way down the Pool.
10. It is agreed that if a Rod on either bank finishes fishing a Pool and there is nobody on the opposite bank waiting to fish it, the first Rod may go down the Pool again.
11. When a Rod on either bank finishes fishing a Pool and there is a Rod on the opposite bank wishing to fish that Pool, they must have priority over the first fisherman going down again, or a second Rod from the same bank following the first Rod down.
12. In the event of any dispute arising between Rods, the ghillies shall, in the first instance, try to resolve the issue in accordance with the above rules.
13. Failing an unsatisfactory situation arising, the ghillies are to contact their Fishing Managers for further direction.
FAIRBURN ESTATE, Fairburn Estates Office, Urray, Muir of Ord, Ross-shire IV6 7UT. • Tel 01997-433273. Fax: 01997-433274